- 22,000,000 smartphones and tablets available across MENA region.
- Android OS is taking the majority of the market share with 40%.
- Games are on the top of most used categories in appstore and google play.
- Males download and purchase more apps than females.
- Being available across platforms is not enough.
|Top 10 Categories in Google Play|
|Games - Casual||7.10%|
|Media & Video||4.30%|
As research indicates; males are the most consumers for applications, as their average download for apps more than 10 applications, and ranges from different segments between 13-18 years till 25 – 35 years old. As for paid apps, the consumer segment ranges from 25 – 50 year old, noticing that men also make more purchases than women, for an average of more than 10 success purchases to either in app purchase for content, or purchasing the app itself.
|Top 10 Categories in App Store|
|Photo & Video||3.10%|
|Games - Arcade||2.30%|
|Games - Action||1.90%|