Social4ce, the Middle Eastern boutique social media agency and consultancy, has compiled in the below video the most interesting statistics about the state of social media in the Middle East.
- 40.2% of the total Middle East population accesses the web,
- 88% of this online population uses social networking on a daily basis,
- In the Middle East, 65% of online users are men, 35% are women,
- 36% of the Middle East of online users are aged between 18 and 24 years,
- Jordan has the highest penetration rate of social networks across Internet users: 88%,
- The smartphones penetration rate in KSA is 63%,
- Facebook is the most popular social network with 94% of the Middle East’s social media users are on it,
- UAE has the highest penetration rate for Facebook (44%),
- 6.5 million users from the Middle East are on Twitter: 3.7 million are active users,
- Arabs produce around 10 million tweets everyday,
- KSA has a penetration rate of 33% for Twitter. It is the highest penetration of Twitter in the world,
- LinkedIn counts over 5.8 million users from the Middle East,
- UAE has the highest LinkedIn penetration with 1.6 million users: A number that has increased by 45% in only 1 year,
- There are 258 million daily views of Youtube videos. 90 million of them come from KSA.