Email as a marketing channel isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. According to an infographic produced by reachmail, email marketing has received a 60.7% increase in spending in 2015, rising to $2.3 billion.
Social media marketing has seen a 48.9% rise in spending since 2014, reaching a total of $3.9 billion. How much are social shares worth?
Emails top the ranks, each worth around $12.41.
- Despite having one of the largest user bases, Facebook shares are only worth around 80¢.
- The CTR for social media posts is highest on LinkedIn, receiving an average CTR of 7.9%.
- CTR is lowest on Pinterest at just 5%.
Email marketing tips & facts:
- 60% of the top B2B marketers integrate their email and social media marketing.
- Email reaches the intended recipient 90% of the time, whereas Facebook only reaches them 2% of the time.
- Emailing your subscribers about special offers can increase your Facebook followers.
- It’s important to make your emails optimised for mobile, as 45% of all emails opened in 2014 were on mobile devices.
Social media marketing tips & facts:
5. 78% of a brands Facebook fans are existing customers of the organisation.
6. Facebook and Twitter drive the highest level of traffic to a company’s website.