Design company Pixheart published the below infographic about e-commerce in the Saudi market.
The following is a brief summary of what can be derived:
- Cash On Delivery is the dominant payment method,
- Online retail is expected to account for up to 8% of Saudi Arabia’s total retail market in 2015
- 25% of Saudi internet users are already active in e-commerce,
- Arabic is the dominant language in the e-commerce space,
- Electronics are the most popular purchase made online,
- Regional Arabic e-stores are preferred over their foreign counterparts.