The company has been chosen by the RTA as the exclusive provider of Wi-Fi connectivity on the newly launched tram service and the WiFi is expected to be rolled-out across the entire length of the tram network in phases.
Osman Sultan, CEO, du, said: “On the occasion of the opening of the Dubai Tram, we would like to congratulate the leaders of the UAE for their visionary achievements, and the RTA for the implementation of this landmark development. We join the UAE’s residents in celebrating this newest addition to the strong Dubai infrastructure, and are exceptionally proud to be supporting connectivity as the exclusive provider of Wi-Fi to all Dubai Tram commuters.”
Some things you need to know about the tram: -
- The tram opened to the public at 6.30am on Wednesday,
- Trams will run at 10-minute intervals during peak times and 12-minute interval during off-peak time.
- Each tram has a capacity to accommodate up to 405 passengers.
- The tram is also integrated into the general tranport network, connected with Dubai Metro at two stations in Dubai Marina – Damac station and Jumeirah Lakes Towers station.
- The network is also linked to Palm Jumeirah’s Monorail at Palm Jumeirah station
Below is a map of Dubai Tram